These QuickBooks error can occur when you attempt to sync a transaction (estimate, invoice, or payment) with QuickBooks after the transaction has been edited in ContractorTools or QuickBooks.
Note: Please note that ContractorTools can no longer sync with transactions in QuickBooks if you make changes to them in QuickBooks. To change a transaction in QuickBooks, do not edit it in QuickBooks, change it in ContractorTools and then sync again. ContractorTools will update the transaction in QuickBooks.
If you did not change the transaction in QuickBooks, but you still get this error, it may be because you have made multiple changes to the transaction in ContractorTools, including adding or deleting lines, and QuickBooks has become confused by this.
To fix this error, please follow these steps:
- Sign into QuickBooks and delete the transaction mentioned in the error message. For example, if the error message says: "Error Updating QuickBooks Invoice: (invoice number) For Job: (Job number - name)", locate and delete that transaction (invoice) in QuickBooks.
- Go to ContractorTools and select "QuickBooks Sync" in the main menu.
- Tap on "Sync Errors". This will take you to a list of the sync errors.
- For each error, tap on it, then tap Clear. Or tap "Clear All Errors".
- Now go back to the QuickBooks Sync screen and tap "Sync Now". ContractorTools will re-write the transaction to QuickBooks.