If you synced a ContractorTools job to QuickBooks, but you can't find the job in QuickBooks, please note the following:
Jobs from ContractorTools appear in QuickBooks as “sub customers” (indented below the customer) in the list of customers. So to find the job, you have to find the customer that the job is associated with.
When ContractorTools writes the customer to QuickBooks, it writes the name as follows:
- If the customer has a first name and/or a last name, it writes those to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks. QuickBooks then loads the "Display Name" as "First Last".
- If the customer does not have a first or last name (only an organization name), ContractorTools will write the organization name directly to the QuickBooks "Display Name".
The order that customers appear in the list in QuickBooks depends on the contents of the "Display Name". So...
- If the customer's name is Bill Jones, you will find the customer in QuickBooks alphabetically under B for Bill.
- If the customer has no first name, and the last name is Jones, you will find the customer in QuickBooks alphabetically under J for Jones.
- If the customer does not have a first or last name, but the organization name is "ACME Construction", you will find the customer in QuickBooks alphabetically under A for ACME.
Please note: while QuickBooks loads the "Display Name" as First Last by default (we have no control over that), you can manually change the "Display Name" - and thus the location in which the customer appears in the list in QuickBooks - by editing the customer in QuickBooks and changing the Display Name. This will not change anything about the customer in ContractorTools.